Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kent Ridge Park

I live right next to Kent Ridge Park; it literally ends just outside my bedroom window. I love living here! I even love the fact that we get all sorts of weird looking insects in our apartment, or the fact that I've encountered a fair number of snakes in the areas surrounding the apartment.

We went to the park and trotted around rather quickly today, but I did manage a few usable photos. I have to thank my wonderful boyfriend Selven for coming along on this "photoshoot" just to give me moral support. I've been too shy to go out with the camera.

This is where I jog. The path is covered by lovely tree canopy.
 



This is also along my jogging route. I tried to get a flare effect from the sun, but I had no idea how to do it. Those strange purple circles are all that I managed.
 

There is a tree top boardwalk that branches (haha) off from my jogging path. I don't jog there, but I like to take a leisurely walk along the boardwalk.
 

Here are some of the plants that I saw at eye-level and above:
 

Here is a photo taken while looking down from the boardwalk:

The park is really nice, I really didn't do it justice. It was a hazy day, otherwise I'd have attempted some landscape shots. Kent Ridge Park is set on a hill, and it has a nice wide view of the city below and the ocean from certain vantage points. Thank goodness Singapore has retained some of it's natural beauty. I only wish that they'd kept the old kampongs as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment