Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I spent the eve with friends in the downtown Marina area. They'd booked rooms in Swisshotel, which possesses spectacular views of the area. One of my friends had a room that faced out to the Marina, which was not only a beautiful scene, but also the venue of the fireworks. We were on the 56th floor, so the fireworks looked like they were right in front of us. It was absolutely spectacular. A once in a lifetime experience. And I didn't bring my DSLR. I kicked myself a billion times last night.

I got really crappy photos from my iphone (3gs, not 4). Here's one of them:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 
The fireworks were located above the colorful patch on the water in the middle of the photo. The colors changed throughout the night, the view was simply breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment