Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A flower and me!

I finally managed to take my camera out with me, by sneaking it in my large "new" handbag. I have been using my old and tattered bag for a long, long time, but I finally switched bags just so I could cram in a DSLR with a decent length lens (eg. my 55-250mm). I was still deathly afraid of people staring at me, so I would whip out the camera quickly from my bag, snap, and swiftly return it to its hiding place.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Because of my fear, I didn't manage to shoot any decent photos. Here's a photo I kind of liked, but I didn't have time to compose or to focus properly. I set the aperture way too big, and I missed the focal point as well. Still, I like how the bougainvillea "flower" (the purplish bits) is actually made up of leaves, and the real flowers are nestled inside, ignored but still beautiful in its own right.




Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




I got my new camera strap, it's a Black Rapid Rs-4. I love it! It slings across my body, allowing me to walk around easily, and my camera is accessible with a smooth and quick motion. I took a photo of myself while using that strap. The photo is noisy and the strap can't really be seen. But it's the first photo I've taken of myself with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment