Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Massive failure!

None of the photos I attempted today turned out presentably. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was trying out something different. Namely, trying to take a nice photo of the inside of the door with the peephole (oooh, sounds naughty!) complete with the image that I could see outside. While interesting, it was a complete failure.

So I tried a few tutorials on masking effects in Photoshop instead, and had a lot of fun doing that. There's tons of stuff out there on the web, and it appeals to the techy and artsy sides of me. Tonight, I had fun trying out some artistic effects, using this tutorial: http://www.computerarts.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/475879/art120_tut1.pdf

For wonderful writeups on digital photography and post processing techniques, I like reading http://www.ronbigelow.com/articles/articles.htm I'm also trying to finish reading Bryan Peterson's book, "Understanding exposure". I wish I had more time, but right now I'm overwhelmed by my PhD and work commitments. Progress is going to be slow.... but let's hope there's some.

Oh, I'll just cheat and stick a photo that I took yesterday over here. Here's Miki. The lighting is terrible but she looks kind of cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment